About the Role
Manage a global supplier risk team and partner with senior risk managers across Global Operations to design programs to improve Operations strategic risk framework
Deliver risk reporting including analysis, trending, exception management and commentary
Ensure Operations Service Owners manage third party suppliers to ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements and guidance, and to take all reasonable measures to protect the Firm, client information and assets in such relationships.
Recommend new risk indicators, or metrics to highlight and analyze risk
Liaise with control and due diligence groups, Firmwide Sourcing (FWS), and Legal and Compliance (LCD)) and work in conjunction with Service Owners to remediate any assessment findings.
Develop and provide reporting, develop and manage the Third-Party Program Management Tool, and identify areas of improvement for the Program.
Promote and deliver education and awareness around the Operations Supplier Risk Management Program regarding Firm best practices to improve supplier risk awareness and policy compliance
Evaluate opportunities for workflow automation and drive process enhancement
Partner with other ROG Officers in providing leadership for the regional and global team and support the Baltimore ROG Executive Director
- 5-10 years of experience in financial services industry, Operations roles and/or business/budget management
- Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills with ability to tailor message to audience or varying levels
- Proven ability to collaborate across functional areas, developing relationships, setting strategy and driving agendas
- Management experience leading global team/comfortable with matrix-based reporting lines
- Good analytical skills, able to extract key information and pre-empt management questions on the data presented
- Ability to analyze data and craft a risk story that will aid in overall risk mitigation for Operations
- Strong presentation skills and confidence to host meetings
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence others
- Control & risk focused, with experience in operational risk
- Ability to understand issues and move projects forward
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
About the Company
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in 42 countries, our firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
We are committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have always defined the firm and everything we do is guided by our five core values: Do the right thing, put clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, commit to diversity and inclusion, and give back.